Sunday, August 19, 2012

Home sweet home!

{kh} here!

Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE being home? I was born and raised in St. Paul and nothing feels better than being back.


I went to Chicago for 4.5 days and just got back this afternoon. Why did I go? To do a couple of informational interviews and see if I could see myself moving.

And the answer?

Not likely. 

I liked the organizations that I met with. One of them seems to work with a client population I am particularly interested in- adolescents with addiction and eating disorders. It's beautiful inside but...it's in a suburb with NOTHING to do (no joke) and not accessible by public transit. The other is in the Gold Coast neighborhood and would likely be an easy transition as I am affiliated with the organization. I love the Gold Coast but don't think I could afford it. Plus, I just didn't love Chicago. Even the pizza underwhelmed me!

 {the view from my hotel room...}

What was nice was that I stayed in a {somewhat} swank hotel just blocks off of Michigan Avenue. Convenient!

Now you would think that someone into fashion would be {lady}gaga for Michigan Avenue. It has every store you could think of wanting and more. I went to Top Shop and Zara. Kate Spade. The J.Crew on Michigan Avenue. Watertower Place. AND I WASN'T THAT IMPRESSED.

The only place I bought anything was...The Gap

There were so many people and things to see. I was underwhelmed by a lot of things and the collections I was impressed with were too extravagant for this grad school budget! However, I am drooling over the Garance Dore for Kate Spade collection!

It made me realize how much I love St. Paul. Sure, we aren't the fashion capitol of the world but that's ok. I mean, I am not all that trendy.
 {this is what I wore on the plane}
{here I am trying on a peplum dress. you want me to put a skirt around my waist over a dress? no}

But I am myself and a-ok with it. I like my style and it works for me. It's a bit more classic and refined but still has room for fun. 

Looks like you're stuck with me MN!

{kh}

P.S. Want to know what part of Chicago I {really} liked?

THE FIELD MUSEUM
I could have stayed here all day.   I could have spent hours in the dinosaur hall alone all day.

{obsessed with Sue and these elephants}
{there's a big nerd trapped in me}


No comments:

Post a Comment

{ Blog Archive }