Thursday, September 6, 2012

Guest Post: { What to Wear }

{SS} here! 

I'm thrilled to introduce our first {GUEST POSTER} the lovely and oh so talented Alyssa from Lissadee Photography. Alyssa has some great tips on how she has used the website Pinterest as a tool in creating her own style. Enjoy and make sure to check out Alyssa's website as she is an incredibly talented photographer (we can't wait for her to take some photos for us!). 



******************************************************
{ What To Wear } 
{ Source }




We all use Pinterest because it’s fun to repin everything we like into virtual pinboards. I have boards ranging from “Kiss the Cook” to “Photography”.  But what about using Pinterest actually as a tool and not just to pin your favorite items?  Pinterest is also highly used for fashion, but before we get there, I’ll let you get to know me first.


When it comes to fashion, I am not one to follow. It is actually something I have had to work at! From wearing gym shorts and t-shirts in 6th grade, to having my older sister help me pick out clothes in 7th and 8th grade, I have finally figured out what style is me, at age 25.

I can definitely attribute multiple things on my journey to finding my own style from friends, the tv show, What Not to Wear, and my first full time job (I work with some seriously stylish people at @sundogtweets). However, I also have to thank Pinterest for helping me with my style and identifying myself even more through my wardrobe over the past year. 

I use Pinterest as a tool to help me come up with outfit ideas to wear. First, I browse friend’s pinboards and pins that automatically filter into my feed, then I repin all items I love to my board: What To Wear (Clever eh?!). This is where the tool part comes in. I actually look at my Pinterest board prior to shopping trips and planning outfits to wear the next day. Since pulling together outfits on my own doesn't come super easily to me, I find one I like on Pinterest and try to find clothes in my closet that fit that outfit.

{ Source }


So, even if you aren’t fashionably savvy, you can use Pinterest as a tool and it can help you at least look somewhat put together.

My go to brands are: Ann Taylor Loft, New York and Company, J. Crew (I am also guilty of shopping at Clothes Mentor and getting name brand clothes for a lot less!). (<-- Alyssa, this isn't something to feel guilty about!! Shopping second hand is a great way to add to your NS!! {SS})


******************************************************



Thanks for that great post Alyssa :) We look forward to keeping up with your Pinterest boards as well as your site!!
If you want to write a guest post for us, we'd love to hear from you! Send us a Facebook or E-mail message! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

{ Blog Archive }