Friday, June 8, 2012

{ Summer Style Inspirations }

Summer is here! To me {SS} summer is about popsicles, late nights sitting in the lawn with neighbors, bare feet in freshly cut grass, lazy beach days, straw hats, great books, walks to get ice cream, the smell of something great on the barbeque, frisbee in the park, lots of times spent with friends reminiscing on the days of "summer break" and of course lots of stylish clothes.

{ “The Luncheon of the Boating Party,” Pierre-Auguste Renoir }


This summer I am lucky enough to be heading off on holiday to Seattle, Oregon, Northern California, Amsterdam, and Southern France for four weeks.

Of course a trip of such fantastic proportions calls for style, style, style, especially since I will be attending both a graduation and a wedding, as well as meeting a large French family. I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I've been thinking about what to bring for awhile. I love Europe and I know it will be a great trip, but packing for Europe (especially since this time I won't be traveling on my own, and on the cheap-- phew!) calls for a little more planning than just throwing the usual summer staples of shorts and a t-shirt into a duffel bag. I'm planning on bringing mostly dresses and skirts, and will be leaving my beloved go-to summer travel shoes {chacos} behind this year (I've had enough of the weird looks from stylish Europeans).

I'll be sure to share with you a detailed list of what I'm planning to pack (all in a carry-on, Rick Steve's style!) when I get it all pulled together, but in the meantime here are some photos that inspired me and that I could potentially replicate with the five key items I'm planning to bring!

1.  Slim-Fit Oxford Button-Up
2. Mini Brompton Hobo in Red
3. Cropped Pink Jeans
4. Grey Suede Leopard Print Ballet Flats
5. Navy Halter Eyelet Dress (with pockets!!)

1. { Image Source }


2. { Image Source }

3. { Image Source }

4. { Image Source }

5. { Image Source }




Happy Summer Styling! 

 xo, SS


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Would love to be on that trip with you. You'll look cute, no matter what you wear. Those cropped pink jeans are mighty sexy.

    Glad I'll be able to see you towards the beginning of your trip. What wedding are you attending?

    Love,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete

{ Blog Archive }