Wednesday, August 22, 2012

An old fashioned notion...and fall inspiration

{kh} here.

Sometimes, I feel myself to be in conflict with the times I'm living in. Don't get me wrong- I love the convenience of living in a digital age. Having information at my fingertips whenever I want it is amazing. Especially since I am the sort of person who wants to know the answer before I finish asking the question. You would think I would be 100% on-board with ebooks, online shopping, social media, smart phones, and the likes. 

And, to some extent, I am. I live a busy life so it's all helpful but at the end of the day it just feels so...lonely. Where is the fun in getting to know the people at your local shop? Where's the excitement of opening a book for the first time and hearing the crack of the binding? I'll take the sentiment of a handwritten letter over an email any day.

I decided to combat some of that by making my inspiration "board" into something tangible that I can hold in my hands. It's not a board but a book. I have different pages devoted to different categories for the current season.

Here's what's in it:

 Beauty:
For fall I am LOVING the fresh faced look.  Flawless and glowing skin with one feature accented. I am seeing a lot of the burgundy lip which I am ready to try. I am also loving the accentuated brow. I have a love/hate relationship with my eyebrows. I love the natural shape but hate the stray hairs. I have never plucked my brows and they tend to look a bit disheveled at times {note to self- stop furrowing them so much!}. I am thinking this may be a good trend to embrace!
 Clothes:
It's no secret that I am a fan of brightly colored bottoms. I just purchased two different pair of brightly colored pants today and can't wait to wear them. I love how J.Crew {duh!} styles them for work and for play. I am thinking about trying bright pants with bright accessories. We'll see!


I also love this look below for the weekend. "Borrowed from the boys" is a look which I think will always be near the top of my list. And the layering!

Accessories:
The only thing that is not sexy about these leopard print wedge desert boots is their price. Ugh. So sexy! I am also loving this mustard pair. I can't wait to break out my pair from last fall! I am also thinking this fall is going to be about classic heels and menswear inspired flats for me. Just like last year!






What's inspiring you for the fall?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

{ Blog Archive }