Thursday, October 4, 2012

ch ch ch changesssssss....

Hey all, it's {SS} here...

I'm sorry about the lack of posts lately. I've been beyond busy, as has {kh}!! I've wanted to post but it just hasn't happened.

And I've been thinking... there is sometimes a lot I want to say, or write about, but it doesn't quite fit the style blog vibe. It's hard to think about {style} some days when I'm running from school, to job, to other job, to home... I may put together a stylish outfit one day but simply not have a chance to photograph or post about it.

Other days I have the urge to write about a past memory, an experience I had recently or something going on in my life... none of which neccasarily has to do with style or fashion. Don't get me wrong, I love style and fashion, but writing a fashion blog in a world full of other fashion bloggers who have a lot more time and energy to devote to their blogs is hard. It's not that I feel I (or we) have to be at the same level as those bloggers, it's just something to think about.

So here are where the changes come in... I'm going to take a little break from MNSB. That's not to say I'll never post, but I'm not going to worry about posting a certain amount or at a certain time or on a certain subject. When something comes to me that fits the parameters of the blog, I'm going to post it. And who knows, maybe I'll decide I really miss MNSB and be back posting all the time. But for now, I'm taking a break...

... but I still want to write. Yet I don't want to be confined to writing about style and fashion. Also, {kh} and I created this blog together... it's our project and I wouldn't feel comfortable turning posting randomly about life and things not particularly pertaining to style. So, in a few weeks, I'll be launching my own blog: The Intellectual Fashionista: part fashion, part intellect, or something like that. It's not going to make any promises to be a certain kind of blog but will mainly be a springboard for my writing, about all different kinds of things, photography too. But like I said, I'll still be posting here when I can, and I'm sure there will be plenty of stylish posting going on over there too.

I'm not ready to launch the new blog yet, but will certainly let you all know when it is up and ready to go!!

Until then... keep being stylish :)

xo, SS

1 comment:

  1. There sure are a lot of fashion bloggers out there.. makes me lose my confidence from time to time.. and, why confine yourself to style and fashion if you have more to say? Good luck:)

    ReplyDelete

{ Blog Archive }