Wednesday, September 19, 2012

{ . . . polka . . . dots . . . }

Hi all, {SS} here, this week I'm doing some belated fall trend blogging. Yesterday, I talked about {oxBlood} ... 

Today is all about { . . . polka dots . . . }


{ Source }

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

This season, polka dots seem to be all over... the runways @ NYFW were full of them, the fall magazines are filled with glossy pages of polka dots on dresses, skirts, pants and purses...

Here are some inspirational polka dot outfits that I'm loving: 


{ Source }

* I love the navy polka dots with the delicate pink striped top. Very easy going and fun for fall. I would wear this outfit with some cute little booties and a soft camel-colored infinity scarf.


{ Source }

* To me this is the perfect autumn outfit: soft fall colors, chambray shirt, thick stripes on a cozy sweatshirt, pretty polka dots, lots of bangles and some fun neutral color-blocking. I am definitely going to try to replicate it!!!



{ Source }

* I am loving the double button down shirt look, and the necklace layering. I'd try this with some cozy cropped cords, a colorful belt and some great flats or little wedges.  


{ Source }

* What a cute combo this is... I'm digging the black and tan for fall and the polka dots add a fun extra pop. Instead of these (adorable!!!) sandals, I would probably add some black flats (maybe with some gold detailing?) to make them more fall appropriate. Instead of the leather jacket I might wear a camel colored blazer or even a blazer in another color to spice up the outfit- maybe an oxblood!


{ Source

* This is so comfy and classic for fall: I love the casual ease of it, her wispy curls, nude flats, silk dotted blouse, and distressed denim... 



And where can you find some fun polka dots to add to your wardrobe?? 
Here are some of my favorite { dotty } pieces, currently in stores: 


{ Source }

* I have and love these awesome J. Crew pants! They're currently on sale too!!

{ Source

* This fun Nordstrom's dress would look great with tights and boots too! 



{ Source }

* These Madewell pants are so fun and would tuck perfectly into your favorite fall/winter boots. They would also look awesome with a great chunky sweater!


For more {dots} also check out: Ann Taylor, Boden, J. Crew, Loft, The Limited, Anthropologie, Madewell...

Tune in tomorrow to see what the next fall trend of the week is... 

xo, SS

1 comment:

  1. I like the polka dots dress, the roaring ruffing polka dots dress, skirts, pants and tops are also pretty. Very much impressive, attractive and fashionable with standard quality.I am loving the double button down shirt look, and the necklace layering.. Thank you for all of dress collection. All are awesome...

    ReplyDelete

{ Blog Archive }