Monday, August 27, 2012

State Fair {Style}?

{SS} here!

Yesterday, the bf and I decided to take a trip to the Minnesota State Fair... it was hot, it was crowded, it was crazy, but in true fair fashion, it was a blast!


We had some good eats, saw some loud and smelly animals and even got to meet some pretty amazing people! 

Also, let me just tell you... the styles at the fair are NUTS. I'm talking: fanny packs galore, cut-off tanks on men, filthy-feet filled flip-flops, lots of hair scrunchies, odd hats, crude t-shirts, short shorts and every other crazy style you could imagine. Whewwwww! 
I was hot in my black t-shirt and jeans, but at least I was dressed pretty darn "normal". 

Here are some photos of the day's adventures:

First, we headed to the KFAN radio station booth where the bf was thrilled to get autographs from his favorite radio personalities, The Common Man and Dan Barreiro.
























Next it was time for me to get a photo with some actual athletes... not just guys who talk about them on the radio... and look who we just happened to run into! None other than Joe Mauer and Justin Morneau, and they actually asked me to pose for a photograph with them (something about a calendar with beautiful women or something...) ! They were thrilled that I finally agreed!



As if that photo wasn't cool enough, I next ran into...

THE PRESIDENT of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
who kindly agreed to pose for a photo with me (I only wish he would have uncrossed his arms)...


After our impressive photo ops it was time to EAT. On our way to find corn dogs (a fair STAPLE for me... this year we tried --and liked-- wild rice corndogs) we stopped for a quick photo in the SPAM store, where I got to sit in the Spam Throne, as Queen of the Spam!


 Because I chickened out and never actually dyed my hair blonde like I had planned (I'm kidding), I was pleased to find this Viking's helmet which allowed me to test out what I would look like as a Blonde... needless to say, I think I'll stick to red...


And last but certainly not least, I was thrilled to find this Hyena at the fair who graciously stayed still (and didn't eat or even paw at me) for a photograph with me so that I could prove to my 8th grade science teacher (who will most likely never see this blog...) that my mom was right when she told me that there are hyena's in the United States. Despite believing my science teacher when he told me that hyena's don'tt exist in the US and that my mom probably meant to say Coyote, I should have known... my mother is always right (well, I better not say always...). 


All in all I'd say it was a great day at the Fair!!

I can't wait to see what kind of adventures next year's fair will bring to us since the bf decided that next year we are going from 6a-12p... oh my...

xo, SS

No comments:

Post a Comment

{ Blog Archive }