Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Tourist at Home

Last night I (SS) accompanied my brother and his lovely girlfriend, Jenna (from Portland, OR) on a mini-tour of some of the great Minneapolis lakes (it's her first time in the midwest!). Walking around Lake Harriet, I began to reflect on how lucky I am to live in such a beautiful place. I started snapping photographs and felt like a tourist in my own city (well, neighbor city...). It was actually a wonderful feeling.




** Thank you Jenna for the photos-- my phone shots didn't quite compare **

Though most of the people I saw around the lake were dressed for working out, I, who don't do much of that (I know, I know) instead chose to brainstorm ideas of breezy summer ensembles I'd love to wear for a picnic near the water... maybe something like this? 

Lakeside style




I have a few of these things, or at least similar styles, so I'll try to put this together the next time I head to one of the 10,000+ lakes we have here in the great state of Minnesota. 
xo, SS

No comments:

Post a Comment

{ Blog Archive }